PRIMACYT Cryopreserved animal hepatocytes - Choose from a variety of species.
High quality - High Viability - Characterized and validated.
PRIMACYT is one of the pioneers in the development of advanced in vitro model systems. We are a leading Company in the field of research of human and animal hepatocytes. We offer fresh and cryopreserved animal hepatocytes in suspension and plated.
PRIMACYT is approved by the European Commission as an EU Reference Laboratory for Alternatives to Animal Testing (EURL ECVAM) and serves as member of the laboratory network responsible for the method validation.
Our colleagues are professionals and undergo continuous training in the preparation, isolation and cryopreservation of hepatocytes in general, including related co-products, methods and tools. We are a GLP certified laboratory since 2006.
Other Species on Request.
Features and Benefits
- Convenience for the laboratoryConvenient for our customers. Animal Hepatocytes are ready to use. They show high viability and perfectly match your schedules and workflow.
- Start to work immediately.Start immediately with your project and do not to wait for liver tissue. Thaw and use hepatocytes where and whenever you need them.
- Same quality as for human hepatocytes.Our animal hepatocytes are carefully prepared by using isolation and cryopreservation methods and tools that are also applied for fresh human hepatocytes.
- Long time availability.Cryopreserved hepatocytes can be stored for years at predefined conditions in the vapor phase of liquid nitrogen or in freezers at temperatures below -135°C. Available when you need them, they are an ideal (appropriate) solution for sequential experiments over time.
- Show More
- Use cryoheps as about fresh onesMost applications can be performed as using fresh hepatocytes in general considering that cryopreserved cells can be used following a limited number of thawing processes.
- Drug development and lead candidate screening.
- Identification of species-specific metabolism activities and toxicity of compounds.
- Studies of drug metabolism and toxicology, including performing transporter activities and coupled phase I and II metabolism studies.
- Prediction of metabolic clearance.
- Show More
- Assessment of tetracycline-induced steatosis.
- Determination of microsome and hepatocyte scaling factors for in vitro/in vivo extrapolation.
- Drug-drug interaction assays.
- Drug transporter inhibition.
- Metabolic profiling and assessment of stability.
- Comparison of major phase I and phase II metabolism reactions.
- Show More